Field Supervisor - 4 Positions Available - $26.00 per hour - Apply today!
JOB FAIR 5/4 – 5/6/ 2021 – REDMOND, WA – VEHICLE PROVIDED
Interviews are 5/4 2pm to 6pm, 5/5 7:30am to 5:30pm, and 5/6 7:30am to 5:30pm. Please call or text Michelle at [Register to View] or Candace at [Register to View] to schedule your interview or Walk In!
Seattle Marriott Redmond
7401 164th Avenue NE
Redmond Washington 98052
WE WILL TRAIN! JOB INCENTIVES! - $100.00 per person Referral Bonus – Referral must meet all production, safety, quality, and attendance standards for 60 consecutive workdays from the start of employment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life, Holiday Pay, and Short Term Disability
Bring your friends you would like to work with!
Please bring a valid driver's license!Company vehicle provided! Home based reporting with company vehicle!
Benefits: Medical insurance . Dental insurance . Vision insurance . Term Life . Short Term Disability
Company vehicle provided! Home based reporting with company vehicle!
Paid on Weekly Basis
Reports to: Project Manager
Subordinates: Leads, AMR/AMI Teams
- Position Purpose: Responsible for leading, directing, motivating, training, planning, including the retention and hiring new employees;
- Orientation for New Hires
- AMI Qualification and Documentation
- Meter Pro Training
- Utility Compliance
- Daily Safety Meetings
- Safety Performance/Investigations
- Conflict Resolution
- Fleet Maintenance/Fuel Management
Good communication skills at all levels of the company. Communicate AMI technology and procedures to both client and employees. Supervisor should have high standards of accuracy and flexibility while multi-tasking. Ability to operate independently, set priorities, good teamwork orientation as well as highly innovative to grow with the company. Possess and maintain good driving record to meet company standards. Expertise to meet or quickly learn to meet the expectations of personal growth within the company.
- Ensure field service orders are completed safely, accurately, completely and on time.
- Hire, train, develop and maintain staffing.
- Provide employees an employee manual and cover the benefits that will be afforded to them.
- Lead by example and encourage teamwork.
- Assesses employees' comprehension of skills and abilities in both theory and application.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients and customers.
- Maintain working relationships with all employees.
- Schedule AMI's daily tasks to ensure effective utilization of all company assets.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates, peers and members of management.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of all work and recommend action plans to improve performance and quality of work. Closely monitors performance measures and make necessary adjustment to meet required measures daily.
- Abide by, convey and enforce all company policies.
- Plan and organize all daily tasks.
- Ensure all employees are in compliance with client's policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control costs.
- Resolve all employees' conflicts and perform required documentation or termination as required.
- Fleet Maintenance and repairs must be monitored via vehicle records and daily inspection forms. Vehicle(s) with problems must be repaired once problem has been discovered or at regular maintenance interval. Maintenance and cost must be monitored and documented.
- Fuel cards are assigned to each vehicle. These cards can be used to obtain maintenance, and cards must be maintained with vehicles when service is being requested. If a card is missing the card must be canceled and a request must be submitted for replacement. Upon the termination of an employee for any reason, their gas pin must be canceled.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Complete and provide all daily reports.
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately. Investigate as directed by Project Manager and follow up appropriately.
- Resolve customer complaints, inquiries and damage claims in a professional and timely manner.
- Evaluate and document employee performance at designated intervals.
- Maintain documentation of personnel issues.
- Complete and provide all weekly and monthly reports.
- Adhere to confidentiality policies and ensure confidentiality of all employees' records.
- Conduct ride alongs with all AMI's as directed by requirements.
- Conduct and complete all audits on time.
- Maintain proficiency with CBIS, Excel, MS Word, Toughbook’s, MWMS and Advantex Mobile Applications to assist in monitoring, maintaining and documenting required responsibilities.
- Ensure all orders are completed and uploaded correctly and on time.
- Maintain communication with FSR's in field and scheduling to ensure all orders are completed.
Safety and Training
- Convey and encourage a safe work environment and attitude.
- Ensure daily safety meetings are held, documented and recorded in each employee personnel folder and proper reporting procedures are followed.
- Adhere to all Scope and client’s safety procedures
- Adhere to and ensure all personnel adhere to Smith Driving System and all defensive driving training and requirements.
- Safety performance must adhere to and exceed client's requirements
- Ensure daily and weekly vehicle reports are completed and reviewed for maintenance and repairs.
- Physically investigate all incidents (auto and personal).
- Train and develop competency levels of all employees in field service with provided training materials and document all training.
- Periodically provide refresher training and document all training in training files.
- A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a GED
- A minimum of 4 years supervisory and proven leadership experience is desired
- Working knowledge of all aspects of field service
- Valid driver's license
- Good driving record with acceptable criminal record and negative drug screen.
- Personal Attributes
- Strong leadership skills.
- Skills for data entry. (Microsoft software)
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Capable of working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good understanding of operations and basic customer service needs. .
- Familiar with all company policies and procedures including the Scope Services Safety Manual.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in confined spaces, heights, and around moving mechanical parts.
- Normal abilities to perform stooping, crawling, reaching, twisting/standing.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely for extended periods of time
- Normal functioning senses, good eyesight, color vision, field and depth perception.
- Environmental Requirements:
- Environment will be inside and outside conditions.
- Exposure to heat, cold, fumes, dust, noise and water.
- Must be willing to work extended and irregular hours.
- Ability to adjust to inclement weather changes.
- Work around all types of animals.
Medical insurance . Dental insurance . Vision insurance . Term Life . Short Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay $26.00 an hour
Paid on a weekly basis