Summary of Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of relay panel and control enclosure projects, including the engineering design & approval process, change orders, material supply, production scheduling and delivery. Their ultimate goal is the successful completion of a profitable project, on time and within budget.
Working effectively as part of a team, this individual must be a motivated, pro-active, self-starter that possesses significant attention to detail. This position will require the ability to communicate clearly with customers, suppliers and KVA co-workers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree, with 5 years of electrical experience.
- Familiarity with electrical component suppliers for relay panels and control buildings is required.
- Familiarity with custom metal fabrication is a plus.
- Must be able to read wiring diagrams and experience with schematics is a plus.
- An attention to detail is required and the ability to manage several projects at once while meeting customer expectations and strict time deadlines.
- Will be required to consistently take a pro-active stance to follow-up on supplier commitments, project schedules and changes to the project scope.
Project Manager Activities:
- Perform a comprehensive project kick-off sessions to review with estimating, production, purchasing, engineering, sales and marketing.
- Establish schedule and milestones with critical project dates and coordinates with the suppliers, customer and KVA management.
- Develop and obtain necessary engineering drawings for production.
- Monitor engineering drawing submittal and approval process in order to maintain overall schedule.
- Conduct weekly Projects Meeting to ensure supply chain and production meets schedule and customer expectations.
- Release buy list for all purchased items to be purchased and expedite materials as necessary.
- Schedule resources as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Monitor changes to project scope and work with Sales to obtain Change Orders.
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition and timely invoicing.
- Outline requirements for field services labor and necessary equipment.
- Arrange delivery to project site including specialized carriers and cranes when necessary.
- Participate in a project review process for all completed projects.
- Drivers License (Required)
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree, with 5 years of electrical experience (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Must pass a Background Check, Motor Vehicle Check and Drug Screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Short Term Disability
- Critical Illness
Job Location: Greer, SC.