Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician – Immediate Opportunity!
Located in St. Joseph, Michigan
AAS Degree is preferred
1-2 years of relatable work experience
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Help Desk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
• Provide Help Desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Help Desk Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
• Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
• Utilize and maintain the help desk tracking software
• Document internal procedures
• Assist with on boarding of new users
• Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
• Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
• Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
• Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation
• Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
• Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
• Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
HS Diploma/GED Required; or AAS Degree is preferred
1-2 years of related work experience is preferred
Must meet all pre-employment requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour / DOE