Perform engineering duties in planning, designing and debugging of schematics and software for machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Many combinations of these essential functions below, make up 100% of your time as an engineer.
1. Continuously improves processes and delivers conforming quality products and services to internal/external customers
2. Detailed designs
3. Coding and programming
4. CAD work
5. Concept development
6. Process development
8. Shop/floor project resource/problem resolution
9. Maintain a safe work environment
10. Interface with mechanical design
11. Troubleshooting problems
12. Brainstorm alternatives
13. May require exposure to prototype testing and rework associated with new inventions
14. Work with other engineers and take a lead role at times for prototype development
15. Provides customer service
16. Provides technical assistance to Quoting Department
17. Streamline designs with independent contractors, engineering consultants, design firms and programming services
18. Analyzes customer requirements
20. Participates in line up meetings
21. Lead, attend and provide input on concepts and design review meetings
22. Vendor quotation
23. Generates reports
24. Participates in training
25. Investigates/researches new projects
26. Other duties as assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent with four (4) years technical training (BSEE)
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
· Five (5) years’ experience in controls system design
1. Organizational/prioritization skills
2. Interpersonal/communications (written and verbal) skills
3. Ability to lead a team of controls engineers on a project
4. Delegation of tasks
5. Creative problem-solving skills
6. Proficient in PLC programming, robots, and vision systems
7. Familiarity with AutoCAD
8. Ability to travel
9. Technical knowledge of construction and application of materials, basic controls, and test applications
10. Cost and timing estimating
11. Basic mechanical knowledge
12. Project Management
Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability.
$55,000 to $130,000 a year DOE